Wednesday, August 18, 2010

We're all daddy's little girls

This here is a version of my Father's Day letter I wrote to my dad but never actually sent it.

Dear papa„
Instead of being home and spending father’s day with You,I'm back in my room after an outing Sunday.I'm sorry I ain’t there but I want you to know I love You and you're the most important person in my life.I know I don't say those three words to you but i mean them with all my heart.I didn't even call to wish You,I don't know why.I guess I know you are disappointed with me„I didn't turn out to be the daughter You always wanted me to be,I'm sorry I broke your heart when I quit Engineering.I really shattered your dream I know,
but I'm so happy with Fom now..Yet I'm sad when I realise that I screwed up but I want you to know I'm happy doing what I do now.and tho I ain't the perfect daughter„I never wanna let you down and I'm gonna make you proud.i promise Ill make you smile like how You always put a smile on my face„
how without saying it,i know you love me tons.I still remember how You would drive all the way to pick me up If I’d day I cant sleep.i wanna go home.you’re the best father in the world and ill never trade you for anything.you’re superb at what you do and I'm so happy i have you.seriously i dunno what ill ever do without you.When i look at little girls being held by theirs dad’s and taken for walks,I remember how you pushed me towards swimming to overcome my fear,you would sit and wait till i was done learning,and you made me fall in love with water =)today I'm proud to say That guy„there,he’s my dad.my greatest person in the world.papa I just wanna apologise for all those nights when I made you cry„when you used to be the one who would wipe my tears when I'm having a bad day„
I want you to accept and love me for who I am,I'm sorry for all those times i broke your heart,i promise ill give you something,Ill make you proud papa,I will.Happy fathers day and thanks for being there for me throughout this 20 years,promise to be there for me forever„alrights?I love you papa.


 This father's day letter of mine can be used for Fallacies part 1 in Critical thinking.
The Ad populum fallacies can be used to describe my writting.
The Ad populum fallancy is an attempt to persuade someone by appealing to emotions rather than giving reasons that support the truth.
my first few sentences are an example of Ad populum appeal to vanity:
Instead of being home and spending father’s day with You,I'm back in my room after an outing Sunday.I'm sorry I ain’t there but I want you to know I love You and you're the most important person in my life
I didnt give a reason to explain why I was out rather than there with my father.Instead I told him how much I love him and how important he is to me.Basically I used emotions and feelings rather than giving strong supporting arguments to support the reason or truth on why I wasn't home spending Father's day with my papa.I made him feel special by saying he was the most important person in my life so that he would agree with my argument and not get mad at me for not spending father's day with him.I made my father feel closer to me and therefore agreeing with my argument.


No comments:

Post a Comment